Genitals are kind of the star of the show during sexy time. Having your sexy bits stimulated feels great for most of us.
But have you ever wondered if there were more sensations you could experience than sex alone offers?
Enter sexual torture.
Torture isn’t always about pain (although sometimes that’s fun too).
Cock and ball torture, also known as CBT play, opens the door to a lot of different kinds of torturous fun.
Vanilla sex has its place, but if you’re getting bored of the same old thing, CBT is one way to try out different kinds of sex and sensations.
When you take a look down below, you’ll find 7 of the best toys for cock and ball torture, as well as some CBT play tips for beginners to this type of kink.
What to Know About Cock and Ball Torture
Let’s talk for a minute about what it even means to engage in CBT. There are a few things you’ll want to know before buying torture devices, such as what kinds are available, what you can do with them, and what safety precautions to take.
Here’s my advice:
What Kinds of CBT Toys are Available?
You’ll find several different types of toys reviewed on my list below.
- Urethral sounds/dilators: These are stainless steel or silicone plugs designed to be inserted into the urethra. They come in various diameters that can be used to stretch the width of the urethra and provide pleasant sensations either on their own or during stimulation of the cock.
- Ball stretchers/dividers: These toys can be made of a variety of materials. Many of them are stretchy, like silicone or rubber, or are made from leather or faux leather with velcro or snaps to adjust for size and tightness. They wrap around the scrotum to either stretch the top of the scrotum down or to separate the testicles.
- Cock rings: Cock rings can be made from silicone, rubber, metal, leather, or faux leather. They wrap around the cock (and can be inserted over the balls as well) in order to enhance an erection. They tend to help erections get bigger and last longer.
- Penis plugs: Penis plugs are similar to urethral sounds, except that they are shorter and often attached to a cock cage or cock ring. They are designed to be inserted a finite distance into the tip of the penis.
- Penis extenders: Penis extenders are typically made of silicone. They are a sheath that the penis is inserted into in order to create more length and girth for a partner during penetrative sex. Additionally, the extender decreases sensation to the penis because the cock is encased and receiving less of the stimulation associated with penetration. Some people use penis extenders to increase the duration of sex.
- Impact toys: Impact toys include any toys designed to hit someone with. Floggers, whips, crops, rope, and other items can be used to hit the balls and cock. (Note that special care should be taken when inflicting genital pain. You can consensually hurt them, which is a temporary state of pain, but do not harm them, which is longer lasting damage.)
There are also other types of CBT toys available that I don’t review here. Those include ball crushers and humblers. Search our blog if you're interested in other information that might be available on those.
Why do People Want to Engage in This Type of Play?
Cock and ball torture encompasses several different kinds of play, as seen in the variety of toys listed above. Many CBT bottoms enjoy exploring the different sensations they can feel through various types of torture. Many CBT tops enjoy providing sensations for their partner and watching their partner’s reactions.
In some cases, tops enjoy denying sensation to their partner, and the bottom enjoys providing pleasure without the distraction of their own orgasm.
And for some people, inflicting or receiving pain is enjoyable in its own right. (Again, always with consent.)
What Should I Look for in CBT Toys?
What considerations are important to you will depend on the type of toy you’re interested in. One thing that is true of all CBT sex toys, however, is that you should select items made from materials that are safe for your body. This includes making sure you don’t purchase items you may be allergic to, such as rubber latex or metal that contains nickel.
For many of these types of toys, you’ll also want to pay attention to size. For urethral sounds, too big won’t fit and too small can bruise or puncture the urethra. Cock rings and stretchers need to fit snugly but without cutting off blood flow. Other toys, like impact toys, don’t necessarily need to be a specific size, but smaller can make it easier to aim correctly.
What Safety Concerns do I Need to Know About?
Several CBT toys restrict blood flow away from the penis or testicles in order to enhance the size or duration of an erection. Any time you will be constricting the blood flow to the genitals, you should pay attention to the amount of time you are using the toy. It’s a good idea to take breaks to allow blood flow to return to normal.
About 15-30 minutes is the longest you should restrict blood flow to the genitals. Your personal limit depends on your body. If the skin turns blue or pale, or you feel pain or numbness, remove the toy immediately. The organs there need a fresh blood supply, and blood cannot refresh quickly enough when constricted.
If you are using a metal cock ring, these can only be removed after the penis is entirely soft again. If you’ve hit the time limit and still have an erection, you can use a cold shower or bath, or an ice pack, to reduce the erection and remove the cock ring. (Prolonged erection is a medical emergency and can damage nerves in the penis and testicles. If you cannot get the erection down, you need to go to the emergency room.)
Alternately, you can use cock rings made of stretchy material or that have velcro or snaps, all of which are easier to remove than metal rings.
For sounding and urethral stretching, be sure the toy is clean and you use a body-safe lubricant, preferably bacteriostatic surgical lube, to prevent infections.
Impact toys should be used lightly in the genital region. It doesn’t take much to cause a lot of sensation. And remember that these are sensitive areas that can be damaged from heavy impact.
What’s the Best Place to Get Started With Cock and Ball Torture?
You don’t have to have any toys at all to start experimenting with CBT play. In fact, if you’re an absolute beginner, the best place to start is with your own body. Use your hands, mouth, and other body parts to explore your own or your partner’s cock and balls.
You can test out what kinds of sensations feel good, and which ones are too painful (or just the right kind of painful). Try gently squeezing, pulling, slapping, or nibbling either the cock, the balls, or all of them.
Then, once you’re ready to add toys to the mix, consider some of these…
The 7 Best CBT Sex Toys
The sex toys I reviewed for cock and ball torture devices include toys from a variety of categories.
Remember that you can always improvise and use items that fall into other BDSM categories for this type of sex play, as long as you’re taking the appropriate safety precautions and have consent from all participants.
Here are the toys that made my list for CBT play for beginners up to advanced players:
- Lovehoney Mega Mighty 3 Penis Extender
- Sextreme Stainless Steel Ribbed Urethral Dilator
- DOMINIX Deluxe Penis Plug with Glans Ring
- DOMINIX Deluxe Stainless Steel Donut Cock Ring
- Bondage Boutique T-Style Cock Ring with Ball Divider
- Oxballs Squeeze Ball Stretcher
- Bondage Boutique Faux Leather Crop
1. Lovehoney Mega Mighty 3 Extra Inches Penis Extender with Ball Loop
The Lovehoney Mega Mighty 3 Extra Inches Penis Extender with Ball Loop is worn over the cock, with a loop that goes around the balls to keep everything in place. This is an excellent couples toy for orgasm denial and enhanced pleasure for the receiving partner.
Because the extender sheath covers the penis, it reduces sensation for the wearer, allowing play time to last longer. Although it can make “fart” sounds when putting your cock inside it, this can be remedied by squeezing the air out first.
- Stretchy ball loop is easy to put on
- Added size increases partner’s pleasure
- Effectively delays ejaculation
- Good for beginners
- Makes fart sounds when inserting cock
2. Sextreme 8mm Double Ended Stainless Steel Ribbed Urethral Dilator
The Sextreme 8mm Double Ended Stainless Steel Ribbed Urethral Dilator is a urethral sound that has a unique, ribbed texture that creates interesting sensations. It feels different from the more common, smooth urethral sounds. Plus, it has a smooth end that can be inserted as well, for versatile play options.
8 mm looks thick for a sound, but many beginners find that they can easily insert this size with lubricant. If that’s not the case for you, you’ll want to start with a smaller sound to get the urethra used to the width, and then you will likely be able to graduate to 8 mm with practice.
Unlike many of the toys on this list, this dilator can be used on male or female bodies.
- Made of body-safe, stainless steel
- Has a good weight that allows gravity to aid insertion
- Ribbed shaft feels amazing
- Can be used on male or female partners or self
- May be a bit large for some beginners
3. DOMINIX Deluxe Penis Plug with Glans Ring
Enjoy orgasm denial and longer endurance? Then the DOMINIX Deluxe Penis Plug with Glans Ring can be a fun toy to play with. The ring fits around the head of the penis, and the plug goes into the urethra, enlarging the head of the penis and allowing you to delay ejaculation.
The plug tapers from 4.3 mm to 7.9 mm in diameter, making it a comfortable fit for most. The tapered shape allows the urethra to adjust gradually to the wider part of the plug. The ring swings on a hinge, making it easier to put on and adjust.
- Feels great and stays in place
- Easy to clean
- Effectively delays ejaculation
- Being metal, it may not fit wider cocks comfortably
4. DOMINIX Deluxe 1.9 Inch Stainless Steel Donut Cock Ring
The DOMINIX Deluxe 1.9 Inch Stainless Steel Donut Cock Ring is not for the faint of heart. This is a non-adjustable metal ring with no give that goes over the balls and the base of the shaft. You’ll want to make sure that you get a size that’s not too small. The 1.9-inch diameter of this ring is a good place to start, as it has enough room to accommodate most cocks.
The nice thing about metal cock rings is that they can be warmed up or cooled down for even more variety in sensation. I recommend this cock ring for experienced cock ring users only.
- Made of body-safe stainless steel
- Smooth, comfortable beveled edges
- Pleasurable, hefty weight
- Not for beginners
- May be too tight if you are above average girth
5. Bondage Boutique T-Style Cock Ring with Ball Divider
The Bondage Boutique T-Style Cock Ring with Ball Divider is an interesting piece of bondage gear. It’s made of black faux leather with snap buttons so you can adjust the tightness. Unlike the DOMINIX Deluxe 1.9 Inch Stainless Steel Donut Cock Ring listed above, this cock ring can easily be removed by undoing the snaps. That makes it safer and less intimidating for CBT beginners.
This toy has a nice aesthetic and feel with the included ball divider strap.
- Excellent for beginners
- Easy to remove
- Comfortable fit
- Very inexpensive
- Hairs can get caught in the buttons
6. Oxballs Squeeze 2-Inch Ball Stretcher
Do you like the feeling of having your balls pulled or tugged on? That’s pretty much the sensation you get from wearing the Oxballs Squeeze 2-Inch Ball Stretcher. It’s made from stretchy material that’s easy to put on and take off, and the pressure it applies to the scrotum can help you stay erect longer and delay ejaculation.
At the same time, the tugging sensation feels amazing.
- Pleasant sensation
- Available in clear or black
- Comfortable to wear
- May be a bit too much stretch for individuals with “high” balls
7. Bondage Boutique Faux Leather Crop
Unlike the other toys on this list, the Bondage Boutique Faux Leather Crop can be used both for cock and ball torture and for other types of BDSM play. Although you could use any riding crop for CBT, I especially like this one as a cock and ball torture device because of its smaller size.
Specifically, the length is only 18 inches, and shorter length means more accuracy with where the swat lands. Control and accuracy is definitely something you want for smacking the cock and balls!
- Compact size increases accuracy
- Good quality
- Edges of the crop are rough, so not good for tracing along the skin
The Best CBT Toy for Both Beginners and Advanced Players
There is one toy on this list that I can hands down recommend for anyone interested in cock and ball torture. And that is:
The Lovehoney Mega Mighty 3
This toy is easy to put on, comfortable to wear, and requires no experience to use. But despite being an easy beginner toy, it also effectively delays ejaculation and reduces cock sensitivity, making it a torturous toy for advanced users who enjoy orgasm denial, as well.
And bonus — although cock rings on this list can increase size and endurance, none of them enhance a receiving partner’s pleasure as much as this CBT sex toy. It can even allow you to keep going after you’ve had an orgasm and are not fully erect anymore.